21 Tips for 2021
To have a PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!
- Think Optimistically. Be positive and solution Minded. You can listen to doubters and downers. You can choose to believe that success is for someone else or you can think better now.
- Take regular “Fresh Walks.” Take power walks. Breath big and deeply. Clear your mind like clearing your computer cache. It helps create fertile and renewed mind along with a healthy habit.
- Eat more fresh foods that grow on trees and plants and less foods manufactured in plants. Bright and deep colors are usually best. Buy more food around the perimeter of the grocery store.
- Lead yourself toward your goals. Learn from the past, plan for the future but live in the present. Focus on written SMARTER goals based on YOUR circle of life.
- Avoid ‘slinking thinking‘ as Zig Ziglar talked about. And has Gandhi said, “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.” You can control your attitude.
- Be a great team member. When you help your team improve, you improve. A rising tide lifts all ships.
- Don’t chase riches. Decide every day, hour and minute to give your best. Nothing more or less. Build meaningful relationships and success will find you.
- Get sufficient sleep. You can’t replace sleep. Record your sleep if that might help (watch apps work great) and do what you need to get good sleep.
- Don’t waste your precious time and energy on gossip. Learn from past mistakes, have a short memory and move on.
- Serve well. You don’t have to be great to serve but you have to serve to be great. Givers gain. Look for opportunities improve every situation and make a positive difference. People remember how made them feel not more than what you did. Work unto others. Work onto your Creator.
- Live on Purpose. Know your Why. We don’t get burned out because of what we do. We get burned out because we forget why we do it. What’s without Whys are Buts. Check this post on Purpose.
- Be Quick but not in a hurry as the legend John Wooden coined. Speed usually wins. People value fast. Yet sometimes it is best to wait. Sometime we need to be perseverant and patient. There’s no such thing as an overnight success. Anything worthwhile takes time to build. Wooden’s Pyramid is a vast study in itself.
- Trust that there is a Silver Lining behind every dark cloud.
- Implement the No Complaining Rule. No complaints without accompanying solutions. Don’t let people dump their monkeys on you.
- Read more books than you did in 2020. Re-read, study and apply the best ones. Books are like friends. Here is a link to my ongoing list.
- See the glass half-full vs half-empty. And better yet, see that it can be filled even more. Don’t dread the ‘have to’s’ but embrace the ‘get to’s’. We get to choose our reactions but not the consequences.
- Fail fast! Fail to success. Ready – Fire – Aim. You only fail if you quit and don’t learn failure.
- Smile 🙂 Tell your face and think happy. Count your blessings and let your joy shine. Humor is healthy.
- Make the most – of life. It’s a beautiful mess. Treasure every moment of time. If its painful, embrace the suck in that it can make you a better person.
- Affirm yourself. Read and speak to strong, motivating and powerful words in the present tense. I am…. Here are some of my affirmations.
BONUS for 2021
21. Partner up! Partner with God as your CEO. Involve Him in everything as He wishes to. There is no one greater. It is impossible to out give God. Forget man’s religion and develop a relationship.
I am going to put #1-21 on my calendar to pop-up daily. Share and let me know if you do the same.
I encourage you to explore this free Life Assessment Guide by my friend Mark Winebrenner.
And if you have a solid tip, please share here in the comments.
PONDERING LIFE : PURSUING SUCCESS