These kind of people who greatly desired “to cleave to God with full purpose of heart” are a big part of why America became what she did. Yes, it took bold courage. Yes, it took stout people. Yes, they were imperfect but YES they loved God and He blessed them and thus us. Pondering this!
My take: Yes, our help, our steady, big time, essential help come from the LORD. Forever and always. From the bare ingredients to divine intervention. When athiest try and describe a world without God it is sad and truly pitiful. They grope to describe an accidental big bang leading to this amazing life and world of order and wonder which is ludicrous.Its impossible to get order from chaos, nor something from nothing. The Bible says so the so called ‘big bang’ came from God when He voiced, “Let there be life”. BANG! The point is true help, true power in this world comes from the one living God who is both in and out of this world.
Though not in Scripture verbatim, God does help those who help themselves. In Scripture we do read the rain (which we all desperately need to survive) falls on the just and unjust. Yet, God also tells those in His fold receive extra measures of blessing and care, for now and exclusively in eternity. Here, the pslamist reminds us where to look for help.
Selah and Shalom!
My prayer: I know I need to look and draw upon the living water for help, sustanance and success. Help me oh LORD not to forget this. Like Wesley, I should never think I am too busy to pray as that is foolish fleshly thinking. I know to the core of my soul where my help comes from and this is undeniably You oh LORD. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob…and me.
The Profit 10 Rules
- Be kind
- Make your team members feel important (because they are)
- Hire what you don’t know or do well
- Accept and thrive on the crazy
- Be vulnerable – be courageous,
- Be authentic
- Be transparent
- Follow-through and consistency
- Know your numbers
- No excuses. Stop whining and start winning
People, Process and Product.
Yet politicians think money and programs will be sufficient to reduce crime long term. No they won’t and can’t. We need morals and the Bible teaches them like no other book.
My take: Can I get an amen?
Jesus answers but YOU got to call with want and desire.
The LORD’s timing isnt always our timing but we should take comfort in that Father knows best.
I am persuaded by His Word that when our number is called, when we can see the finished side of the tapestry it will be a time of awe and wonder. From inside out, from caterpillar to butterfly.
Certainly there are times when we feel we are going it alone, times when we are being carried and times of intimate fellowship as we walk the beach of life.
We are loved and that is what matters.
My prayer: Father in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven.
Billions of dollars every year are spent in Corporate America on Leadership Training and development so it definently important.
The absolute best type of leadership is the type where someone demonstrates the 9 traits listed in this Scripture.
Imagine if corporate leaders would practice these consistently. Wow! Wouldn’t you love to see that?
The Bible is the best place in the world to learn how to be a great leader.
So today, ask yourself, “Do I lead with these traits consistently?”
1. Love – Do I demonstrate true concern for my fellow workers, customers, clients, and associates?
2. Joy – Do I maintain the attitude that regardless of the current circumstances, everything will work out in the end?
3. Peace – Do I calmly go about my work- or do I “rant and rave”or “get upset” when things don’t go smoothly?
4. Patience – Do I maintain an attitude of “allowing people to grow” or do I demand they “have it all together” right now?
5. Kindness – Do I genuinely treat others with dignity and respect?
6. Goodness – Do I really have the best interest of others in mind when I talk, work with them?
7. Faithfulness – Do I speak the same of others when I am not with them, as when I am? In other words, do I “talk behind others backs”
8. Gentleness – Do I maintain poise and treat situations delicately as appropriate or am I like a raging bull in the proverbial china shop?
9. Self-Control – Do I maintain the discipline to do my job with excellence? Am I pro-active or do I act re-actively?