“I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.” 1 Corinthians 3:6
The Word is the seed, our prayers, thoughts and actions are the watering, and we trust God will give the increase in God’s way and timing @ God’s speed.
We are wise the ‘name and claim’ the promises of God we read in Scripture and live them fully by faith with joy in love.
After we have planted this season seed as a diligent farmer does, with proper preparation and order, we then need to cultivate it. This with watering, fertilizing and pruning. We should saturate it with sufficient water, sometimes more and sometimes less depending on the rainfall.
Over ‘working’ and ‘thinking’ aka watering isn’t healthy but without works our faith evaporates and the plant surely withers and will die, see James 2:17 “Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.”
If we wish to help project the grow strong, we should dust it with some Miracle Grow affirmations and fervent prayer.
For best results, we want prune our thoughts from negative thinking (see Philippians 4:8).
With all that, sometimes it just ain’t right. We then need to check ourselves, get advice from other successful share croppers. We should never take advice, nor criticism, from people haven grown a thing, or worse have a dilapidated garden. Yes there are times, in good and bad times, we should seek seek godly council.
We all know every successful farmer stays informed regarding the weather and market but he trusts God for the increase.
He adapts to the worldly condition but always sticks to proper order:
- Plan your crop, know your ground (know your purposeful calling, yourself and God’s will)
- Till the ground (by prayer, if hardened and stony add fasting)
- Plant the good seed (by faith and works)
- Water and Cultivate the growing plans (pray, meditate, think smart, right and positive).
- Remove any weeds (negative thoughts, unconfessed sin)
- Deter bugs and repel pests (avoid evil and sin)
- Watch the crop grow (Abide in the Spirit and trust God)
- Reap the harvest (Give God the first fruit and thanks, count your blessings and enjoy the fruit of your labor He enabled)
- Share the proceeds (Givers gain for you can’t out-give God, He sure loves and blesses a generous heart)
Yes, that is eight to great. In all things, may He be glorified.