The greatest transformational leader in history is Jesus of Nazareth, bar none. Who else has the entire modern world calendar starting with one’a physical death? Only He!
If you ignored His just proclamation as the Son of God and the Son of Man along with humanity’s long-awaited Messiah, the life of Jesus still produced numerous attributes for leaders, especially servant leaders, to imitate.
Below are 12 of these attributes which we can implement starting today:
- Recruiting team members after thought and prayer with a strong purpose statement and strong call to action. Character, commitment and attitude were more important to Him than an impressive resume and previous experience
- Investing quality time and energy into your inner circle of people
- Taking personal care and keen interest with each individual
- Being serendipitous when exciting opportunities yet remaining highly focused on the primary purpose
- Carving out regular alone time to think, pray and meditate
- Entrusting and empowering your company of people to execute main mission
- Leading by example from the front
- Eagerly serving others while always seeking their welfare
- Engaging a wide variety of people by various means
- Understanding the proper place for legitimate authority, seeking to please and fufill your higher authority yet not letting false authority stop you
- Using what you have on hand to make things bigger and better by innovating and creatively solving problems, often tapping into your Higher Power
- Surrendering your selfish will for a higher purpose while sacrificing short term pain for long term gain; Loving always and finding joy in doing God’s will by making His will – yours.