Charlie Daniel’s classic hit goes something like this:
Seven Strategies of Satan
- Convince human beings that they are God. That mankind alone can achieve peace, prosperity happiness, fulfillment and a paradise on earth apart from God. That this can be achieved through progressive steps in science, social engineering, social justice, cultural realignment and political ideology.
- Raise up a host of false prophets who propose a variety of alternative religions. All paths (except Christianity) lead to one glorious self fulfilled end. All religious practices (except Christianity) are valid and good. Use false religions and political ideology against Christianity by declaring it narrow minded, restrictive, out of date, filled with hate for minorities and hostile to progress. Point out the Crusades, the Inquisition, the dominance of the Holy Roman Empire over the kingdoms of the Middle Ages as true Christianity and convince others that what Christians really want is to do away with separation of church and state and force everyone to be a Christian.
- Fan into flames man’s sinful desires. Tempt mankind into giving into these desires until they become habits and addictions and they are afflicted with an ever greater hunger for ever more diminishing pleasures. Convince mankind that aberrant and perverted behaviors are normal and even healthy. Divide people into competitive camps which are hostile to each other, hold grudges, bitterness and resentment creating a general lack of consensus, bitterness and hatred for each other.
- Punch holes in God’s Word. Use science and distortions of the truth to ridicule the Bible as the foolish myths of ignorant savages. Convince man that only narrow mined fundamentalists are naive enough to believe such things. Use pride to incite mankind to think very highly of their skill and knowledge and their ability to manipulate nature.
- Use science to lead mankind to believe that all of our problems can be solved if we will only apply it and to reject any belief in the supernatural. The concepts of soul, spirit, Satan, angels, heaven and hell and God Himself are naive concepts of the past. Science has disproved any such thing as the supernatural.
- Keep human beings busy with amusements, distractions and activities, careers, financial and material gain so that we have no time to consider and ponder the deeper issues and the meaning of life.
- Realize that some people will choose to believe in an afterlife and in God. For those who do, do anything necessary to convince them that they must earn their way into heaven by being good. Good people can go to heaven and its up to you to be good enough to earn heaven by your own efforts. Above all, man must not hear or consider the message of salvation by grace through faith in Christ. Man must NOT hear this message. Do whatever must be done to distract believers from spreading the message of salvation in their sphere of influence. Make fear of ridicule and the loss of friends of more importance than spreading the Gospel.
- from: Rick Roos