This verse is a good reminder, especially these days and where we seem to be headed
A key phrase therein for me is, “for the Son of Man’s sake” – not your or my personal sake especially if you are mean, sour or jerk.
This prompts me to think what type of things would be for “the Son of Man’s sake” (Hint, hint – that is what would should be doing a lot of) I suppose it would include:
- Being a person of the Fruit of Spirit character (Galatians 5:22-23)
- Loving God and loving others first most, aka the Greatest two commandments according to Jesus which all the law rolls into (Mark 12:30-31)
- Seeking God first in everything (Matthew 6:33)
- Trusting God even when our circumstances seem bleak (Proverbs 3:5)
- Remembering this is not our forever home and looking forward to our great unification with our dear Savior. (Colossians 3:2) See below memes.
This is by far an exhaustive list but hopefully a good start. What other ones might you include by your understanding of Scripture?
I always try to remind myself that even one person, who loves God and is seeking to do His will is a true majority, one way or the other, if he is with God and it shall work out for good (Romans 8:28).
The Infinity Formula:
1 x God = Infinity
It would rather be judged and convicted by men of this world than the God of heaven in the next.
Serving God by being the very best you does not include thinking less of yourself, as our new identity is in Christ, rather it involves thinking of your self less often.
Lastly we are in not a human popularity content for this passage is a stark truth:
So let’s lean on Christ, let’s claim this great truth day by, moment by moment:
If you are struggling to fully embrace Christ’s loving truth, seek Him with all you got for that is enough.