There are sure lots educated fools and learned blockheads out there. Don’t be one of them and I will try my best to not join that group too.
Someone wrote these beautiful words. Read, understand and apply the deep truths herein.
- Prayer is not a “spare wheel” that you pull out when in trouble, but it is a “steering wheel” that directs the right path throughout.
- A Car’s WINDSHIELD is so large & the Rear view Mirror is so small? Because our PAST is not as important as our FUTURE. So, Look Ahead and Move on.
- Friendship is like a BOOK. It takes few seconds to burn, but it takes years to write.
- All things in this life are temporary. If going well, enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong, don’t worry, they can’t last long either.
- Old Friends are Gold! New Friends are Diamond! If you get a Diamond, don’t forget the Gold! Because to hold a Diamond, you always need a Base of Gold!
- Often when we lose hope and think this is the end, GOD smiles from above and says, “Relax, sweetheart, it’s just a bend, not the end!
- When GOD solves your problems, you have faith in HIS abilities; when GOD doesn’t solve your problems HE has faith in your abilities.
- A blind person asked St. Anthony: “Can there be anything worse than losing eye sight?” He replied: “Yes, losing your vision!”
- When you pray for others, God listens to you and blesses them, and sometimes, when you are safe and happy, remember that someone has prayed for you.
- WORRYING does not take away tomorrow’s TROUBLES, it takes away today’s PEACE.
If you really enjoy this, please pass to others. It may brighten someone’s
Or said like this:
Pondering Proverbs 21:11 (Oct 21)
“When a scoffer is punished, the simple becomes wise; when a wise man is instructed, he gains knowledge.”
My take: there are two paths to learning. The hard and the not so hard. Here the scoffer increases in wisdom by punishment and external discipline. Yet the one who already has some sense of the attainment of wisdom still is learning but via instruction and applies internal discipline avoiding the need and pain of punishment.
My prayer: Dear Lord, help me learn from Your Word, my past experience and other’s experience. I want to be coachable and a continual learner. Lord willing, guide me and help me to avoid regret and punishment for avoidable misteps.
So some think this is in the Bible. I found it to be true often enough, just not Scriptural.
One friend said its more like, ‘God help those who ask for help.’ true I think and act accordingly.