Keys to 31 Years of Marriage
- Hang in there – if you quit at 25 years, you’ll never make it to 31.
- Commit to the marriage – sometimes you may not feel like being committed to your mate.
- Make it a lifetime commitment, with no option for quitting. Then 31 years is a slam-dunk, if you don’t kill each other first.
- Communication is a key; spend your lifetime working on it.
- Learn each other’s love language, and gain an appreciation for your spouse’s.
- Husbands, commit to loving your wives; wives, commit to respecting your husbands.
- Recognize that your expectations may be unrealistic, and be flexible.
- Deal with difficult subjects at calm times.
- Keep humor in the marriage; it helps when dealing with difficult issues.
- Christ is the focus of a healthy marriage and of each person in the marriage. Bring every problem to Christ first, then to your spouse.
Unity – when I die to self, and you die to self, and we’re both filled with the same Holy Spirit
I think these principles will work for the next year of your marriage, and if you continue to follow them, who knows how many years you will achieve!
Like most everything, there are exceptions but I believe this to be true on the whole.
I sure hope and aspire that it be so. Unfortunately, there are plenty of politicians and activists that obtain power from division amongst all of us in this glorious melting pot we know as America.
Please SHARE and CARE if you agree.
I am so proud of my daughter who is Jr in high school @ Heritage Christian School
She was voted by her teamates as the Eagle Award recipient.
“This person emodies our program by:
They bring 100% effort and a positive attitude to every practice. They always hustle, dive on the floor and do little things to help our team win.
They have a never give up attitude and never stop playing hard”
You know, the skills honed by playing sports and being a good teamate carry into a lifetime long after the game buzzer sounds.
Thanks to ALL the caring coaches out there!
Her coach took the time to give her a detailed evaluation. Her skills weren’t all 5 out 5’s but her Discipline, Coach-ability, Teamwork were ALL 5’s.
Kudos to my wife!
Congratulations Audrey (proud Papa moment)
The father of lies and deception.
We all bleed red but don’t have to fall for the red hate. It only natural to divide due to sin. It is supernatural to unify for good.