Bill G 3.8.20 Phil 1:3-11
Thankfulness and Prayer
I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, in as much as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace. For God is my witness, how greatly I long for you all with the affection of Jesus Christ.
And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.
Paul’s heart 8 different rooms the way it’s revealed to us
- A thankful heart, grateful for our blessings and our destination v3
- A heart of prayer v4
- A heart full of joy v4
- A heart of fellowship v5
- A heart that is confident in the workings of God. v6. (See myself there and work back)
- A heart of Christian bonding, unity. v7-8 Bike ride with Juan Carlos (no invite but ok). A love that abounds more and more.
- A heart growing in love, knowledge and discernment
- A heart of righteousness to God’s glory v11
Joy is a depth of assurance, an inner gladness stemming from the fountain of Christ,
the Joy of Jesus. A joy of the Holy Spirit
Happiness comes from happenings.
The joy of the Lord is your strength.
And the amazing thing is there are many, many more waiting for you to discover and claim in His holy Bible.