Start slow, Go low, Rise higher, Catch fire!
1. Start slow (slow pace, soft, building rapport, overview… prior to ruminate, pray, prepare but start soon enough)
2. Go low (basics, simple, relatable, rich and deep storyline)
3. Rise higher (build pace, encouraging, great challenge)
4. Catch fire (fervant emotion, climax, hot white, victory)
I am listing one of these each week for 8 weeks as a Calendar pop-up reminder. I hope you do the same, similar or maybe something better.
I use that for all kinds of things beyond the routine stuff, like goal reminders and affirmations. Simple but effective. #PlannedReminders
Even better, invert the negative into a positive affirmation. Ex…”I am intentionally pleasing a select few people today.” vs “I am no longer trying to please everyone.” or maybe you prefer a hybrid,
1. “I am intentionally pleasing a select few today vs. trying to please everyone”.
2. “I run toward and embrace change rather than fearing it. It’s an opportunity to get ahead and innovate.”
3. “I thrive in the present. Right now! The past, though worth learning from, is history. The future, which I plan for, is an unfulfilled promise. The present is my gift! Carpe Diem!”
4. “All I can do is all I can do but all I can is enough. I am NOT overthinking. Simple wins more time than NOT.”
5. “I am endowed upon high with unique and super talents. I am different for a special purpose.”
6. “I invest my time and energy sacrificially. It is worship not unto any person but my Creator.”
7. “Every day I am getting better in some way; ‘Kaizen’. My best is good enough.”
8. “I am purpose; on mission. I have SMARTER goals and strategies for achievment. I measure what matters and inspect what I expect, from myself 1st and others 2nd.”
A friend with a large following on Facebook asked this.
Happiness is based on one’s circumstance and perspective. So yes, mostly I am, but I need to remind myself all too and often forget. Its external then inward.
Abe Lincoln was accustomed to say, “Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
If you are happy, or at least want to be, tell you face about it and smile :). Like attitudes, they are contagious. Is yours worth catching?
Its sad too many people, too often myself, get stuck on stupid, overwhelmed by negativity and have ‘stinkin thinkin’ – Zig Ziglar.
Joy on the other hand, is internal, coming out. It comes from the soul and its source is God.
I wish to be mostly happy but always joyful!
“If its to be, its up to me.”