Now that Demar Hamlin is breathing on his own and talking to his family and doctors, I’m going to finally say what needs to be said!
ESPN, NFL and the Sportswriters owe Tim Tebow an apology. Don’t shun and mock Tebow for kneeling to pray, and then find yourself or one of your own in a crisis and it suddenly becomes acceptable. Suddenly God and prayer is allowed in your arena?
Rev 3:16 “So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.”
Be for Him or against Him. You can’t pick and choose when you want God in your life!
I appreciate Tim Tebow for always being a Christian man and leading with love and Christ in the forefront of everything he does. I am thankful Hamlin is alive and maybe this scary situation led others to find prayer and Christ. Accept faith and prayer and don’t ridicule those who do.
(I did not write this but wish I did)
Yes, God indeed takes care of His creation in His way. The world is broken due to the fall but it’s still blessed and beautiful; beautiful mess indeed.
I write indeed in that deeds, works, initiatives are most certainly necessary. On the contrary so is rest, trust, abiding, peace and serendipity.
There is an old word that isn’t commonly used these days which I like; providence. It was popular in the 1700’s as the founders of the United States of America often used as did George Washington often times.
Washington had a grip on what Providence meant, he knew it well first hand.
Here, he eloquently states is dependence upon God’s Providence then lists five essential traits we must personally and corporately enact to have a satisfactory level of happiness.
1. Piety – a state of humility and confidence in Providence. Washington was confident in his purpose but was not arrogant.
2. Philanthropy – the understanding that we need to give to gain and maintain. We who have should give as God is the good giver of all good things. Charity is noble, enabling dependency is not.
3. Honesty – telling the truth in being a person of integrity of words and deeds is critical to long term success in any endeavor. Honest is the best policy.
4. Industry – is the motor of accomplishment, the drive to work and make stuff happen. It is the crux of this very message. Having industrialized mindset is what it means to ‘hustle & grind’. It also happens to be a cornerstone of John Wooden’s Pyramid of Success.
5. Economy – is the understanding, strategy and tactics regarding the implementation of resources. It is spending the appropriate amount on the best initiatives. It is being a good and wise steward.
Back to birds
God takes care of His own and his own need to respond accordingly. Birds are programmed to do their thing. They don’t think, they just do. They don’t worry, they just fly. They don’t stress, the just sing. Let learn from nature, back to basics with the birds.
When we begin to doubt, let’s lean on God. Let’s turn our worries into prayers where as something good can then happen as we pray for providential protection and blessing as our father George did.
If you respond to God’s love and sing to Him like the birds, if you rise & shine for His glory you can have No Worries for Providence is on your side.
I have been there and done that! Definitely been low on funds and high on responsibility.
Thankfully, I am higher up on the hill but far from the mountain top.
Has a small but mighty businessman, I have come to trust God, in His providence and guidance. Not that life will always be ‘roses and calorie lollipops’ but that God is with and for me. James 4:8 speaks to my, to your, to our responsibility:
James also give us businessmen another valuable nugget of wisdom in that we shouldn’t say, “We will do this or that but we will if the LORD wills.” Yes, we must initiate – better yet: respond to God’s opportunity revealed, give it our very best and trust the results to His providence. Proverbs speak often to this. Paul in Romans said is so well in Romans 8:28. If you yet to have that one memorized, internalized and tattooed upon your heart, there is no time like the present.
Look it up and keep it up!